Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2 Part II

Still sucking on ice chips, have to do so for 6 hours. Alicia is off finding an ice cream cake because it's my birthday today. She is such a sweetheart, being the dad of Alicia and Will is such an honour. The chemo was my birthday present; considering my situation it's probably the best present I could get. Who gave it to me? The taxpayer I guess.... thank you. I've had two staff visitors since the chemo: the physiotherapist and the spiritual advisor. The physio is assigning me a series of leg and upper body theraband exercises, and 6 5-minute walks per day. Well, that sounds pretty pishy-tosh right now, but i guess when i'm feeling crappy in a few days getting out of bed to do a 5 minute walk is going to be a real effort. In fact he wanted to know how many stairs there are between my front door and my bedroom, I guess it may be dicey getting up those stairs when I first get home. Krista the BMT nurse said this procedure is about as hard on a body as open-heart surgery. The spiritual counselor or whatever he is is a young very nice guy. He said "you have that look" (of someone who's not too worried). We established my lack of religious tendencies right away, and talked about the desert as spiritual guide, He seemed quite intrigued.
One of the mega-diuretics, which must have been formulated for Superman or WonderWoman, has worn off, yay!! I can now go 25 minutes between pees. I'm going to go check out the treadmill.

3 comments:

E said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

you share the day with don maclean, robbie nevil and kelly ripa!

what time is the cake being served? can i come after 730pm? i like cake.

el

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jerry!

I was planning on visiting tonight for the festivities but I started getting sniffly this afternoon. I'm going to stay away till I'm 100% sure I'm fine.

I really wish I could be there tonight. Hope you have a great time

Chanone said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY it was great having cake with you
xo
SD

Followers

About Me

I am a very cool dude.