Monday, October 6, 2008

October 6

Let me add two more supporters to my previous list: my ex-wife and the head honcho of the local myeloma support group, the latter of whom came to visit today. I am getting so many calls and visits I can't keep up (so please don't be offended if I don't call/email back right away!).

I'm back home again. Went back to the hospital this morning to find they put some emergency patient in my room while I was out on the weekend pass. So I was put in the overflow section one floor down, which is day use only. So not only did the doctor say I COULD go home again if the blood counts weren't too down, the nurse said I SHOULD go home because I didn't have a bed. Fortunately Lou and I have practiced all our adult lives sleeping in unusual and uncomfortable places on Acme trips (like the roof of the picnic shelter south of Kanab and the raised rim of the water well in the middle of the Sahara Desert-- which Alicia still hassles me about), so if tomorrow they want me to sleep on the treadmill or in the patient refrigerator I won't think twice about it (other than this is ralph klein's fault for imploding the General Hospital).

Blood counts starting to fall but no really bad side effects yet.

Vanessa, one of my grad students, brought me the desert-scene painting she has been working on for me. It's beautiful. Wherever that is, I would like to be there.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I am a very cool dude.